Prestige UHF Portals
The characteristics of UHF chips are not currently a limiting factor for the success of traceability projects in Industrial Laundries.
The key factor in the huge ratio of truncated/unsuccessful UHF RFID projects worldwide is now the limitations of reading devices.
In 2014 we designed a new line of portals capable of consolidating our know-how of almost a decade in RFID.
The result exceeded our own expectations. The following are exclusive features:
- Reading power: 49 dBi (…the most powerful Laundry-RFID portal on the market)
- Mobile antennas, which perform a longitudinal scan, scanning the entire car.
Insulation by electric in/out roller blinds, to save time and space and not to alter the direction of travel of the row of carriages. Only the clothes inside the portal are read.
- Read error value: 0 %, depending on the environmental conditions, on trolleys loaded with small clothes.
- Microprocessor board developed by ISG-Alexa. It’s the Portal’s brain. It is equipped with Arduino and/or Raspberry microcontrollers, and software developed by Alexa in C++ language integrated in the card. It activates the antenna and curtain motors and is capable of controlling all kinds of sensors, scales and the connection to Alexa or any other competing software.
- Intelligent reconciliation (input-output). Real-time anomaly alerts (e.g. different customers’ clothes, differences, missing clothes, clothes without chips, incorrect PEPS rotation order, etc., etc.).
- Printing of automatic documentation (Dispatch Guides, Work Orders, Symmetrical Exchange Guides).
- Premium model with electronic scale, for reconciliation of quantity read VS. hypothetical weight, for the detection of clothing without chip.
- Wireless control tablet, easy to use for lower profile users.
Since 2009 ISG-Alexa is a strategic partner of Datamars for RFID Textile in Latin America.
Datamars is one of the world’s leading providers of high-performance unique identification solutions, specializing in radio frequency identification (RFID) technology.
With nearly 30 years of innovation and leadership in RFID, Datamars pioneered electronic textile identification solutions for the industrial laundry process by developing major patents and trademarks based on RFID, inventing the LaundryChip in 1990, and today offers a full range of RFID identification solutions.
What is RFID?
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is the wireless use of electromagnetic fields to transfer data through chips, these chips carry electronically stored information and are attached to objects / textiles in order to identify and track them automatically.
An RFID system consists of chips that carry the data, a reader and its associated antenna.